The Cleaning Blog
The Cleaning Blog is the most helpful carpet cleaning blog out there! We publish multiple entries per month to keep you up to date on the carpet cleaning industry and our expert advice!
If you are looking online for ways to clean up stains in your carpet that happened to be from a pet, you will quickly find that there are millions of ways to do it. It will certainly depend on what type of stain is left on the carpet, but for the most part, you will be going through a process to get the stain and the odor cleaned up. Whether you have a cat, dog or bird, there is going to be a mess that you will be in charge of cleaning out of your carpet. Things to keep in mind for this type of cleaning event include the type of pet, type of carpet, color of the carpet and the type of stain that was left by the pet. Many times, if you are quick enough, you can get the mess soaked up and the carpet refreshed before any real harm is done.
Hardwood floors are a beautiful addition to any home; but just like any other flooring, it requires a good amount of care to maintain that fresh look that you so desire. Because of our years of wood cleaning services, we have quite a few tips that can help you make sure that the wood stays amazing. Whether it’s before any damage, or it’s after any degree of wear, there are small things you can do; of course, when dealing with an issue too large, or one that you’re not comfortable with, do not hesitate to call a professional wood cleaner. (more…)
Choosing carpeting for your home is a big commitment, so you want to make sure that you make the best choice possible for your situation. Of course you are going to want your carpeting to fit your style, but this shouldn’t be the only thing you take into consideration. You obviously want your carpet to last a long time, and only a carpet that is easy to clean can accomplish this most effectively. (more…)
No matter how it got there, paint is one of the hardest things I have come across to remove from carpet. Maybe you were repainting your room and a few drops escaped from your grasp, or your artistic daughter decided the rug needed painting. Whatever the situation, acting fast is the key. There are many different colors and types of paint, and naturally, some are easier to get out than others. But we are here to help you with all of them! (more…)
Mustard is a common companion to ketchup, and is frequently found in most American kitchens, and if your guests are sloppy, on your carpets. Mustard is one of those things that once the stain sets in, you might as well throw in the towel, or at least get an area rug. For the most part, if your mustard stain has had time to set in, you are in trouble. If you just spilled your mustard and stumbled upon this blog, get ready to act fast! (more…)
- First, you need to get out as much caramel from the carpet as possible using the knife. You need to be careful not to spread the caramel about as this will make stain removal harder.
- Next, you will need to mix the liquid detergent (that does not have bleach) with a cup of room-temperature water. You will then need to dampen a towel with the solution you have just made.
- After you have wrung the towel and gotten it sufficiently dampened, you need to use it to blot the caramel stain.
- In another bowl you will need to mix water and vinegar; ideal ratio is 1:3. Use the solution to make another towel damp.
- Using the damp towel, blot the spot, making sure to work towards the center of the stain.
- After this, you need to remove as much vinegar from the carpet as possible. Use a wet towel again to blot the area and then another dry one in a bid to get out any residue.
If this process does not remove the stain, feel free to call Dan Dan The Carpet Man!