When water damage occurs, it can cause massive damage very quickly. A short response time is critical. As more time passes before the extraction and drying process begins, the more damage the property, as well as belongings and documents, will endure. With the largest fleet and most drying equipment in our area, we are prepared to handle any emergency situation. Our advanced technology, on-call certified restoration technicians and project managers allow Quick Response to assist you with the fastest response time.
Water Emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours. A Fast Response Is Crucial to prevent less damage. In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. Dan Dan the Carpet man is strategically positioned to be one of the fastest responders in our industry.An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc Dan Dan the Carpet man professionals arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 – 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Knowing the possible damages that can happen if water is not extracted in a timely fashion can save much time and headaches.