Dan Dan the Carpet Man - Our Coronavirus Procedures We Put in Place for Your Protection!
Do not schedule any cleaning with us if you have (i.) been exposed to someone that has the virus or (ii.) you or a member of your household have tested positive for the virus, or (iii.) you are currently self-isolating or quarantined.
At Dan Dan the Carpet Man, the health and safety of our staff and customers is always our priority! As grandparents, parents, siblings, and friends ourselves, we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving news related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how this pandemic will affect our community.
Because our business involves cleaning and sanitizing multiple homes in succession each day, we are mindful of the procedures for protection and prevention recommended by the CDC to. Our standard procedures already specify a common sense approach to preclude cross-contamination and maintain a safe workplace, but recently we have enhanced our procedures and provided additional training to our staff members.
As per CDC Recommendations for cleaning soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floors and rugs … we remove visible contamination if present and clean with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces.
We wanted to share some of the precautions we take in the field on behalf our customers and technicians:
Before we leave our facility:
- Fog service vehicle with hospital-grade, antiviral, anti-bacteria agent (labeled to kill 99% of microbial activity).
- Inventory freshly-laundered towels and paper disposables
Before we enter your home:
- Install a new bag in our vacuum cleaners on each new job
- Clean and sanitize our equipment before each job ( wands, machine heads, and other tools)
Before we “steam clean” your carpet:
- Apply and rake-in a powerful pre-spray (emulsifier, disinfectant/oxidizing cleaning booster, and deodorizer)
- Wear disposable gloves, booties, and any required personal protective equipment (PPE)
After we clean:
- Wipe down banisters/knobs/surfaces touched during cleaning (using EPA-registered household disinfectants)
- Wash hands with anti-bacterial soap / no hand shaking
Before we leave your home:
- Fog HVAC system with hospital-grade, antiviral, anti-bacterial, agent (labeled to kill 99% of microbial activity)
- Use Hand Sanitizer after retracting, cleaning, and storing equipment